'How the Westies Won' Survey - Part 4

Q4 Since being a part of the players do you feel you have improved in any of the following?

  • Nurturing

  • Independence

  • Commitment

  • Knowledge

We asked the participants to identify any of the N.I.C.K. Foundation's core values that they may have gained, improved or related to during their time participating in the N.I.C.K. Foundation Players. The respondents were able to select one or more of the core values that they felt they had gained or improved in.

Commitment was the most common core value that the respondents felt they had improved in with 38% identifying it, 23% selected Independence, 21% highlighted Nurturing and 18% chose Knowledge.

 

q5piechart jpg 2

'How the Westies Won' Survey - Part 3

Q3 Did you gain anything from your experience in the show, 'How the Westies Won'?

100% of the respondents said 'Yes' to this question which is an onverwhelming incentive to continue to provide this opportunity of working together and achieving a goal together, to young people.

 

Some comments we received:

Exposure to musical productions and confidence to perform on stage

I gained confidence, new friends & singing skills

My independence has improved a lot

I met a lot of people, I gained a lot more confidence than I had before

I gained a greater sense of freedom that can only come from being on stage and being a part of something as amazing as this production. The people I have met participating in this production I will cherish forever

I've gained lots of confidence

Amazing to see how the play comes together, new friends, a lot of fun

I extremely enjoy performing and getting to work with new people was a lot of fun. Learning how to motivate others and help people give their best performance

Yes, I gained a lot of confidence on stage

Overcame my fears of being in front of an audience

Sense of teamwork and commaradre

Self-confidence and learning to work with others, especially younger people

Enjoyment, sense of achievement, confidence and feeling that we were doing something worthwhile

I have gained a lot of self-belief and confidence in myself. I have also gained a lot of new friends

I have gained more courage, friends and a lot of self-belief

I learnt a lot in how to lead people and encourage. I also learnt that I had more patience than I thought. 

Yes, I gained a lot more confidence on stage and became closer with the other players

Definitely a sense of belonging and family. Love getting up on stage surround by my friends and family, lots of confidence gained

A sense of community, I learnt what I was capable of, it pushed me without feeling pressured, confidence

Gained many beautiful friendships

 

 

'How the Westies Won' Survey - Part 2

Q2 Were you provided with support and direction throughout the show?

Of the 25 participants in the survey 96% felt that they were strongly supported and were provided with direction during their time participating in 'How the Westies Won'. The remaining 4% felt that they were supported.

The N.I.C.K. Foundation aims to provide a nurturing environment for the young people involved in the N.I.C.K. Foundation Players and based on this feedback we feel that we have provided a strong support network for those involved.

q2singlebarchart jpg 1

 

q2piechart jpg 1

 

 

'How the Westies Won' Survey - Part 1

After the recent production of 'How the Westies Won', the N.I.C.K. Foundation gathered some feedback from the cast and crew of the play, about how they had felt about their experience with the N.I.C.K. Foundation and the N.I.C.K. Foundation Players. 

 

The Survey

The survey group included 25 cast and crew members between the ages of 13 and 27 who had been involved in the N.I.C.K. Foundation production of 'How the Westies Won', they were asked a series of questions which we have gathered below.

Q1 Did you feel included in the N.I.C.K. Foundation Players?

Of the 25 people 0% felt strongly disconnected, disconnected or neither connected nor disconnected, 4% felt they were connected and 96% felt they were strongly connected to the group.

q1bar chart

q1piechart jpg 

Page 3 of 3

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Keep up to date with all of the N.I.C.K. Foundation's upcoming events here.

Follow N.I.C.K.

Keep up to date with N.I.C.K. Foundation news and events by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, signing up to our monthly newsletter or subscribing to our RSS feed.

facebook-logo-small  email-logo-small  rss-logo-small 

 Instagram instagram-icon